The 2013 season was a productive one for the Oakland A's both on the MLB level and in the minors. We…
Oakland A's Top-50 Prospects: 45-41
45. B.A. Vollmuth Vollmuth had a strange season filled with ups and downs. The A's have expected big things from Vollmuth since he was selected with their second overall pick in the 2011 draft. The third baseman had a so-so first full professional season in 2012, posting a 741 OPS in a season split between the A's Low- and High-A squads. Vollmuth was expected to show dramatic improvement in 2013. Instead, he put together one of the most unusual seasons for any A's minor leaguer in recent memory. The Southern Miss alum spent the entire campaign with the High-A Stockton Ports. The beginning of the year couldn't have gone more poorly for Vollmuth. He hit .155 in April and then bottomed out in May, posting an .090 BA by collecting just six hits in 67 at-bats. Vollmuth rebounded in a big way in June and July, putting together OPSs of 973 and 815, respectively. His season finished on a down-note, however, as he managed only a 617 OPS in August. For the year, Vollmuth finished with a...
91 Fans online
- Gameday 8-17-14 Can't get Swept by Braves Edition....
- Gameday 8-15-2014: Frustration, as Minstrel jinxes the A's
- Cause for Concern with the A's
- 2014 Top 50 Oakland A's Prospects
- Ask Melissa Lockard Thread