It was a busy weekend throughout the Oakland A's system. Earlier, we detailed the many roster…
Oakland A's Notes: Changes A-Plenty
* The A's sent OF Milton Bradley to the San Diego Padres for right-hander Andrew Brown. The A's also agreed to pay a significant portion of Bradley's remaining contract. Bradley was designated for assignment last Thursday. Brown was with the Triple-A Portland Beavers, where he had a 2.78 ERA in 35.2 innings this season. Brown has 43 strikeouts on the year. This is the second time in his career that he has been involved in a trade with Milton Bradley. Brown was sent from Los Angeles to Cleveland in 2004 in the Milton Bradley deal that season. Brown was assigned to Triple-A Sacramento.
* The A's also announced that OF Travis Buck was being placed on the 15-day disabled list with a sore thumb. The thumb has bothered Buck for a few weeks. He has also been bothered by sore forearms and wrists this year.
* Taking Buck's place was OF Dee Brown, who had his contract purchased from Sacramento. Brown was acquired in May from the Arizona Diamondbacks' chain in a cash transaction. The former Kansas City Royals outfielder was hitting .284 with seven homers in 28 games for the River Cats. On the season, Brown has nine homers in 69 games.
* Brown was a non-roster player, so the A's had to make room for him on the 40-man roster. They made that room by putting OF Chris Snelling on the 60-day DL. Snelling had been on the 15-day DL since late May. He has continued to experience soreness in his knee and may miss the rest of the season.
* The A's also optioned reliever Ruddy Lugo down to Sacramento for the second time since he was acquired two weeks ago. Lugo has allowed 18 runs in 13.2 major league innings this season.
* Lugo was replaced on the 25-man roster by infielder Donnie Murphy, who joins the A's from Sacramento for the third time this season. Murphy has a 910 OPS for the River Cats this season.
* Earlier this week, the A's released two pitchers from the River Cats' roster: left-hander Steven Bondurant and right-hander Agustin Montero.
OaklandClubhouse.com Recommended Stories
Oakland A's MLN: AFL Hitters Thriving
Notes on how the Oakland A's farmhands participating in winter and fall league baseball are faring.Read More
Oakland A's Instructs Q&A: Rich Sparks
The Oakland A's Fall Instructional League comes to a conclusion next week. Over the past three weeks, A's prospects have worked closely with A's coaches, player development and scouting staff at …Read More
A's Off-Season Outlook: Reload?
What direction will the Oakland A's off-season take? We have tackled this question in a series of articles over the past 10 days. In the final of this series, we look at what the A's strategy might be…Read More
Dr. Roto Video: Visionary Sleepers
The Kansas City Chiefs aren't exactly known for their passing attack; however, Dr. Roto does have a man-crush on one KC receiver in Week 8. Dwayne Bowe (pictured above) has yet to score a touchdown or…Read More
NCAA Up Next
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. — The Wainstein report released on Wednesday provided insight into the NCAA’s reopening of its infractions case at North Carolina this summer and also highlighted potential academic…Read More