After a strong finish to his 2005 season and a breakout performance at the Arizona Fall League, a…
Oakland A's Top-50 Prospects: 25-21
25. Toddric Johnson, OF Johnson is a toolsy outfielder whom the A's took in the 14th round of this year's draft out of Southern Miss. He was the first 2006 draft pick to be promoted past Vancouver to low-A Kane County. He struggled initially at the plate with the Cougars, but went on a tear after returning from an injury late in the season to finish his Kane County stint with a .286 batting average. He hit .333 for the Canadians during his brief stint in Vancouver. Johnson is one of the fastest players in the A's organization. He hit for some power in college, but he doesn't project to be a homerun hitter with wooden bats. Instead, he looks to be a classic top-of-the-order hitter. Johnson, a left-handed hitter, has a good understanding of the strike zone, makes consistent contact and has some gap power that should translate in a good number of doubles as he gets older. He is also an excellent defensive centerfielder. Johnson turns 22 in December. Despite playing in only 28 games for...
102 Fans online
- Gameday 8-27-14 Series Victory Edition....
- Gameday 8-26-14 Soto's first start with the A's
- Gameday 8-23-14 Sleeping Elephant Awakens??
- 2014 Top 50 Oakland A's Prospects
- Ask Melissa Lockard Thread